I’m available to perform the following professional writing services on a freelance or long term basis.
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Professional blogging
- Article writing
I’ve written articles for several magazines, including:
- Linux Journal
- Ubuntu User
- Full Circle Magazine
Examples of my writing include:
- “Full Speed Ahead With Handbrake,” an article about video conversion program Handbrake for Linux Journal magazine (May 2010 issue).
- A post-installation guide for Linux Mint 17 Xfce, a Linux operating system distribution.
- A post-installation guide for Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, a Linux operating system distribution.
I’ve been running a blog since 2002. Regular blog features include:
- Minorities in cartoons: A weekly look at various minority characters in comics and animation, as part of examining and promoting diversity in media.
- Upcoming comics picks: A look at upcoming comics of interest from DC, Marvel, and smaller/independent comic publishers.
- Cartoons at the box office: A look at the weekend box office figures, primarily with an emphasis on animated and science fiction/fantasy films.
I possess skills and interests in the following areas:
- Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- WordPress content management system (CMS) software. My site’s based on WordPress, though I also have used blog hosts such as Blogspot/Blogger.com, my blog’s previous home.
- Open source software. I’ve written a series of articles about open source software.
- Creative Commons licensed media. My blog is licensed under a Creative Commons license. For more information about Creative Commons, visit their website.
- Media. My blog focuses on media topics, including diversity issues, major developments among media companies, and issues concerning comics and animation.
- Technology. My blog also focuses on technology issues, including Android, OS X, Linux, Chrome OS/Chromebooks, mobile apps, tablets, smartphones, and major developments among tech companies.
- Social media. I make extensive use of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
I’m a graduate of Purdue University with a BA in professional writing (minor in general communications).
If interested in my services, please free to contact me either using the form below or by email at: me[at]anthonynotes[dot]com. Thank you.