I’m available to perform the following professional writing services on a freelance or long term basis. All rates in US dollars:
- Resume writing (up to two pages): $100
- Cover letter writing: $50
- Proofreading/editing: $5/page
- Blog posts: rates negotiable
- Copywriting: rates negotiable
Besides maintaining a blog since September 2002, I’ve also written articles for several publications, including:
- Linux Journal
- Ubuntu User
- Full Circle Magazine
Examples of my writing include:
- “Full Speed Ahead With Handbrake,” an article about video conversion program Handbrake for Linux Journal magazine (May 2010 issue).
- A post-installation guide for Linux Mint 17 Xfce, a Linux operating system distribution.
- A post-installation guide for Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, a Linux operating system distribution.
- A weekly look at minority cartoon characters, as part of examining and promoting diversity in comics and animation.
I possess skills and interests in the following areas:
- Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- WordPress content management system (CMS) software. My site’s based on WordPress, though I also have used blog hosts such as Blogspot/Blogger.com, my blog’s previous home.
- Open source software. I’ve written a series of articles about open source software.
- Creative Commons licensed media. My blog is licensed under a Creative Commons license. For more information about Creative Commons, visit their website.
- Media. My blog focuses on media topics, including diversity issues, major developments among media companies, and issues concerning comics and animation.
- Technology. My blog also focuses on technology issues, including Android, OS X, Linux, Chrome OS/Chromebooks, mobile apps, tablets, smartphones, and major developments among tech companies.
- Social media. I make extensive use of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
I’m a graduate of Purdue University with a BA in professional writing (minor in general communications).
If interested in my services, please free to contact me using the form below. Thank you.